Friday, May 18, 2007

Scariest. 10-year-old. EVER.

Okay, a ten year old just told me in all seriousness to stop joking around and grow up. When questioned, she declared that she was a child when she was 5 and could change when she wanted, and added that life isn't fun.

This really saddens me. I was picked on at school because I was enjoying being a child instead of pretending to be an adult. These days I'd probably be attacked for daring to be me. I played with toys until I got bored, not until they stopped being cool. I've never worn makeup because I don't like it; I don't wear current fashions unless they're comfortable. I mostly wear men's jeans and a t-shirt, because they're comfy and I like them.

Right now, I'm extremely rare. In a couple of years, I'll probably be unique. Kids are growing up too fast these days.

C'mon, a ten year old girl telling you that life isn't meant to be fun? Tell me that doesn't make you sad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does make me sad.

However, you're not that rare! :D I am/was exactly the same. Pretty much a jeans & t-shirt girl with no make-up. And I played until bored.

Kids grow up far too quickly these days.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home